Please read my replies, makes me feel very lonely if they're ignored :-)
I mentioned that the feature you need here will be in 2.4.3, which we're
planning to release any day now (likely tomorrow).
> For injecting "external termination" intro streams, we have KillSwitch
> prepared which will likely ship with 2.4.3.

https://github.com/akka/akka/pull/19895
https://github.com/akka/akka/pull/19895/files#diff-b81f2b43059f31b8eb3c5995129c7588R161

Konrad 'ktoso’ Malawski
Akka @ Lightbend