I'd say the future is bright – we're investing heavily in it (though the last
months have been slown down by the need of finishing the JavaDSL, but now
that's almost there so we can focus on features and polishing more :-)).

Perf wise we're almost there, persistent connections are doing great, and for
non persistent connections we know how to solve the current slowness so it'll
be addressed as well.

In terms of long-term "trusting a library", Akka HTTP is in a great spot
because the core team behind it is sponsored by Lightbend, so it won't just
randomly die out if someone becomes bored of it.

--
Konrad `ktoso` Malawski
Akka @ Lightbend