Please check the docs:
http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.4/scala/http/routing-dsl/directives/file-upload-directives/fileUpload.html
And the impl of this directive to gain some more understanding how it works.

--
Konrad `ktoso` Malawski
Akka <http://akka.io> @ Lightbend <http://lightbend.com>

On 13 July 2016 at 16:04:14, Simao Mata (sima...@gmail.com) wrote:

Ah, that explains it then.

I am using `formFields('file.as[StrictForm.FileData])` to extract the file
from the form. So is there a way I can get that data and not put it in
memory?

Thanks!