Hi Michael,

I would assume that you want to implement network communication API based
on actors as it is done with TCP and UDP in Akka Io module
<http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/current/scala/io-tcp.html>. Feel free to look
at the source code
<https://github.com/akka/akka/tree/master/akka-actor/src/main/scala/akka/io>
of this module and design your connectors accordingly.

IMO this would be a better approach instead of implementing a custom
transport for Akka Remoting.