Hi guys,

Yeah, I knew the first thing ya'll would need is a reproducer, but sadly
its wired into a lot of heavy complexity, and... I can't even reproduce it
consistently.  It sometimes fails.

I haven't (consciously) set auto-fusing or fuzzing--it's whatever the
defaults are out-of-the-box.

filter and commitQ are is here:

      val filter = builder.add(Partition[CRec](2, (crec) => {
        crec.value match {
          case SendIntentMessage(m) if (m.payload.recipients.size > 0 &&
m.payload.recipients.head.media == media) => 0
          case SendEdibleMessage(m) if (m.payload.recipients.size > 0 &&
m.payload.recipients.head.media == media) => 0
          case _ => 1
        }
      }))
     val commitQ = Flow[CRec].map(late.commit(_))  // LateKafka (async)
commit of ConsumerRecord pulled off Kafka and carried thru stream.

I'll keep digging and see if I can at least come up with some way to strip
it down enough to be practically sharable and hopefully still reproduce the
problem.