--
Konrad `ktoso` Malawski
Akka <http://akka.io> @ Lightbend <http://lightbend.com>

On 12 September 2016 at 12:56:46, Christian Schmitt (
c.schm...@briefdomain.de) wrote:

actually wouldn't it be more reasonable to try it against netty?

Yes and no. Then one should compare raw IO APIs, and none of the high-level
features Akka HTTP provides (routing, trivial back-pressured entity
streaming, fully typesafe http model) etc.

It's a fun experiment to see how much faster Netty is, but I don't think
it's the goal here – if you really want to write each and every
microservice with raw Netty APIs–enjoy, but I don't think that's the nicest
API to just bang out a service in 4 minutes :)

(Note, much love for Netty here, but I don't think comparing 1:1 with Akka
HTTP here is the right way to look at it (yes, of course we'll be slower
;-)).

I mean that node is slower than akka-http isn't something I wonder about.

You'd be surprised what node people claim about its performance ;-)