This seems more like a configuration problem: you could try to logConfiguration
to check whether the right settings are applied on both ActorSystems (local &
remote) and if that does not show anything suspicious then switch on the remote
debugging options
<http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.4.10/additional/faq.html#Which_options_shall_I_enable_when_debugging_remoting_issues_>.

Regards,

Roland