We are using AKKA 2.4.10 persistent actor, cluster sharding with Cassandra
storage and have enabled remember-entity = true. We need to stop certain
persistent actor after a specific time-frame. (few days). The issue is that
the actor once stopped gets automatically restarted after 10 seconds. But
if remember-entity is set to false it does not restart. The actor stop is
tried out (a) from another persistent actor or (b) from the same persistent
actor with a scheduled future event to stop itself. Both cases automatic
restart happens.

We are using Spring with AKKA. Interestingly if the persistence actor stop
is performed from direct spring code for e.g. on a rest end point (not from
an actor code) persistent actor does not get automatically restarted
irrespective of the above flag remember-entity = true or false. Can you
please provide solution for this,