Few additional information posted in akka gitter is appending below.

A persistent actor based on Cassandra (aggregate root) and it is created
using cluster sharding as below

ClusterSharding.get(akkaProperties.getActorSystem()).start("PersistentActorName"),Props.create(Actor.class),clusterShardSetting,

messageExtractor);

Also remember entities turned "on" in conf file

cluster.sharding {
remember-entities = on
}

but when a node dies actor does not get eagerly recreated in other nodes.
It gets recreated when somebody hits it next time.

The config file being spit out and used using actor system creation shows
remember-entities as true. I am using akka 2.4.10 version, will keep
checking in the code if there is something missing. Any other pointer will
be great help

        # Settings for the ClusterShardingExtension
        "sharding" : {

            # cep.akka.conf @
file:/C:/software/workspace/cep-master/cep-configuration/cep.akka.conf: 34
            "remember-entities" : "on",