Hi Derek,
could you re-post this on github.com/akka/akka-http?
I want to have a look but having a very chaotic week - it'd help me/us to
have it as ticket - easier to find and come back to it than on akka-user.

I think we should be able to help in some way or another if servers are
doing "weird stuff",
I have not yet reviewed your proposal though, so let's see.

Thanks for attempting to solve it in Akka itself, should be of good benefit
to everyone :)

--
Konrad `ktoso` Malawski
Akka <http://akka.io> @ Lightbend <http://lightbend.com>