Just wanted to check with folks if I had the correct implementation for how
to protect from blowing up memory when working with Akka Streams.

I've merged a Lightbend Blog post's code, with the latest API changes for
Akka v2.4.9, and the latest documentation about buffered streams in the
v2.4.9 API Docs.

However, none of those explain these questions I have.  Please see question
comments, regarding the code snippet below it!  THANKS in advance for any
insights!

// TODO 3:  MODIFIED to calling buffered API within Graph mapping -- check
assumptions!
//          - where INTERNAL Akka implementation calls onNext() to get next
BUFFERED batch,
//            so you don't have to worry about it as a DEV?
//          - NUMERIC bound of 10 refers to NUMBER of elements (of possibly
complex types) on a
//            UNIFORM-ELEMENT-TYPED stream, rather than Bytes, right?
//          - if source produces N < BUFFER_MAX elements; then those are simply
passed through the pipeline without
//            waiting to accumulate BUFFER_MAX elements
//

inputSource.buffer(10, OverflowStrategy.dropHead) ~> f1 ~> ...