I am unable to get the dispatcher configuration to be applied. After
running the application and noticing the problem persist, I added a tag to
see the thread name in my logging lines, and notice that actors configured
to use non-default dispatchers are still using the default. Even the
akka.cluster.use-dispatcher configuration seems to be ignored.

Here is my relevant config, does anyone see a problem here? Please note
that I am using Google Guice to instantiate the top level
"vcube-generation" actor.

akka {
  actor {
    provider = "cluster"
    # Customize dispatchers for blocking actors
    deployment {
      /vcube-generation {
        dispatcher = my-pinned-dispatcher
      }
      # For the 4 actual vcubegenerators
      /vcube-generation/generator {
        router = balancing-pool
        nr-of-instances = 4
        pool-dispatcher {
          executor = "thread-pool-executor"
          thread-pool-executor {
            core-pool-size-min = 4
            core-pool-size-max = 4
          }
        }
      }
      # For the manager, which handles things such as cleanup
      /vcube-manager {
        dispatcher = my-pinned-dispatcher
      }
    }
  }
  cluster {

    use-dispatcher = cluster-dispatcher
  }
}

# Set up dispatchers for blocking io
blocking-io-dispatcher {
  type = Dispatcher
  executor = "thread-pool-executor"
  thread-pool-executor {
    fixed-pool-size = 32
  }
  throughput = 1
}
my-pinned-dispatcher {
  executor = "thread-pool-executor"
  type = PinnedDispatcher
}

# Set up separate thread for akka cluster dispatcher
cluster-dispatcher {
  type = "Dispatcher"
  executor = "fork-join-executor"
  fork-join-executor {
    parallelism-min = 2
    parallelism-max = 4
  }
}

And here is the creation of the "generator" actor:

val generator =
context.actorOf(BalancingPool(4).props(Props(classOf[VCubeGenerator],
dimensionMapper, reactiveMongoApi, cubeDates, system)), name = "generator")

Could it be that Guice creates some parent actor and therefore my
references are not getting honored? But then why doesn't the
cluster.use-dispatcher line get honored either?

Jordan