I'm considering using Akka for my team's next big project in Java.

Very cool, thanks for reaching out too.

I find both of the following capabilities to be desirable in the same actor:

   1. Persistent FSM
   2. At least once delivery

I haven't found a Java abstract actor class that provides both
functionalities.

So my questions are:

   - Is it possible to have an actor with both capabilities in Java?
   - If not:
   -
      - Is it possible in Scala (using traits)?

I think it should work, yes - simply extends PersistentFSM with
AtLeastOnceDelivery should do the job.

I don't think we have tried this though, so please check and report back :)

   -
      - Is there a plan to include an actor with such capabilities in the
      coming releases?

This is the first time someone asked for it actually. Please open a ticket
on github.com/akka/akka and we can think about it.

If the above works (please let us know), then providing it is rather simple
and we could do so yeah.

--
Konrad `ktoso` Malawski
Akka <http://akka.io> @ Lightbend <http://lightbend.com>