Activator is essentially nothing but a shell around sbt -- at the command
line, they're identical AFAIK.

If you're not using the UI anyway, just switch to sbt, which is the real
underlying tool, and which something like 98% of the Scala ecosystem runs
on.  While folks are working on other tools that might be better in the
long run, there is zero chance of sbt going away in the foreseeable future.