Dear hakkers,

We are proud to announce Akka 2.5.1, which is the first maintenance release
of Akka 2.5.

Some notable improvements and bug fixes are:

   -

   Limiting the number of concurrent PersistentActor recoveries (#22638
   <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/22638>)
   -

   Fix resources leaks in some stages on materializer shutdown (#22652
   <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/22652>)
   -

   Fix memory usage problem when using Artery large-message-destinations (
   #22723 <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/22723>)
   -

   Do not create durable data files for cluster sharding unless needed (
   #22759 <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/22759>)
   -

   startPosition option for FileIO.fromFile (#19483
   <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/19483>)
   -

   Use java.nio in favour of FileInputStream/FileOutputStream (#22733
   <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/22733>)
   -

   Update to Aeron 1.2.5 (#22738 <https://github.com/akka/akka/pull/22738>)

Credits

A total of 25 issues were closed since 2.5.0.

The complete list of closed issues can be found on the 2.5.1
<https://github.com/akka/akka/milestone/110?closed=1> milestone on github.

For this release we had the help of 23 committers – thank you all very much!

commits  added  removed

    11    638       85 Patrik Nordwall

     7    144       55 Arnout Engelen

     2    333       71 Johan Andrén

     2     61       22 Enno

     1    521      502 henrikengstrom

     1    331       47 Gilad Hoch

     1    171       20 Cedric CORBIERE

     1     95        4 astonchev

     1     25       23 Guido Medina

     1     18       17 Konrad `ktoso` Malawski

     1     16        0 loostro

     1     12        2 Juan Jose Lopez Martin

     1      2        4 Gergő Törcsvári

     1      2        2 Heiko Seeberger

     1      2        2 Tim Moore

     1      1        1 Martynas Mickevičius