Good luck -- I've been doing a lot with tagless final in my Akka Sharded /
Persistent code, and have the beginnings of a library for that
<https://github.com/jducoeur/Querki/tree/master/querki/scalajvm/app/funcakka>,
but I've found that *completely* doing away with the Futures is pretty
challenging.  I've gotten it most of the way there, but I still have to
cheat occasionally...