Hi,

I'm looking for the latest and greatest techniques and thoughts in stream
deduplication and would love to know if anyone here has done this at scale.
Specifically, I'm looking for deduping that also handles late-arriving
messages.

In the past few days of my search, I've mostly come across ideas and
implementations like

- Batching the stream based on time windows (non-overlapping) and deduping
within the batch
- Possible improvements on the above technique using overlaping time windows
- HDFS-specific cases where a stream is consumed (pretty batchy), written
to HDFS and deduped there

My source is Kafka, if that helps.

Thanks
Shiv