Hi,

I currently am using using ~100 instances of ORMultiMap[Int, Int] by the
following code and am constantly adding/deleting elements (~200/sec) in the
value sets.

I have delta-crdt enabled as well.

def hash(key: Int, mod: Int) = {
  key % mod
}

def mapKey(key: Int) = {
  ORMultiMapKey[Int, Int](hash(key, 100).toString)
}

replicator ! Update(mapKey(key), ORMultiMap.empty[Int, Int], WriteLocal) { ...
} etc.

>From my understanding, this should split up the top-level entries into 100
ORMultiMap as suggested in the documentation.  And since it splits up the
maps individually, this should split up the replication messages across the
network to other nodes in the cluster.  However when I put a breakpoint in
akka.remote.Endpoint where it throws an OversizedPayloadException (128000
byte default)

akka.remote.OversizedPayloadException: Discarding oversized payload sent to
Actor[akka.tcp://ClusterSystem@127.0.0.1:2551/system/ddataReplicator#1569786013]:

max allowed size 128000 bytes, actual size of encoded class
akka.cluster.ddata.Replicator$Internal$Gossip was 129103 bytes.

I look in the akka.remote.Send.message field and see that the updatedData
TrieMap seems to contain updates for all the ORMultiMaps.  Is it batching
all the updates?  If so, doesn't this make hashing the individual
ORMultiMaps useless for preventing large replication messages?

Please let me know if I have a poor understanding or I am doing something
wrong here..

Thanks,

Yee-Ning