First warning sign: Why would you have one stream per materializer?

shutting down the materializer while things are running is very brutal.
It’s like forcefully pulling the carpet from under someone’s feet,
and the laughing as they spill their coffee upon themselves — don’t do this
as the go-to solution.
It’s better than leaving resource leaks, but don’t do this as the “clean”
shutdown.

KillSwitches actually signal termination properly using streams signals —
cancelation and completion/error.
Use them when you want to externally stop things.

--
Cheers,
Konrad 'ktoso <http://kto.so>' Malawski

On February 19, 2018 at 21:31:58, dol...@thoughtworks.com (