On 21/02/18 19:14, Patrik Nordwall wrote:

Search for serialization-bindings in reference.conf, which you find here:
https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/current/general/configuration.html#listing-of-the-reference-configuration

Thanks, that's very helpful - I had looked in there before but hadn't picked up that there are multiple serialization-bindings in there.

Serailization of Props and its parameters are only needed for the remote
deployment feature and that is something that we in general don't encourage
(so much anymore).

akka.actor.serialize-creators = on and akka.actor.serialize-messages = on
are testing facilities that are a bit too blunt in practice, since there
are typically many messages and Props that are only intended to be used
locally and doesn't have to be serializable. Even though Akka actors have
location transparency as one of its core traits you typically design your
system with local and possibly remote actors in mind.

Yes, that makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

That said, if you anyway want to use these testing tools anyway you have to
provide serializers for everything or mark things
with NoSerializationVerificationNeeded.

That's interesting I didn't realise you could tag things to exclude, thanks.

--
Alan Burlison

     Read the docs: http://akka.io/docs/
     Check the FAQ: http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/current/additional/faq.html