I have noticed an issue where if a future maps/flatmaps after actor
shutdown, a NullPointerException is thrown. I've narrowed it down to the import
context.dispatcher, which I technically understand since that is closing
over actor state. If I change that to implicit val ec = context.dispatcher,
everything works fine.

I'd like to understand what is the best practice in this case, since the
documentation for context.dispatcher indicates that it is threadsafe and
looking at the actor trait, context is a val. Most documentation seems to
indicate that import context.dispatcher is preferred.

Thanks
Jeff