Hi All,

We are trying to test *Spawned* *Effect* in a Akka Typed actor using
*BehaviorTestKit*

Consider a Behavior representing a child actor as below

object ChildBehaviorFactory {
  def make[T](someFactory: SomeFactory): Behavior[ChildMessage] =
    Behaviors.mutable[ChildMessage](ctx ⇒ new ChildBehavior(ctx, someFactory
))
}

Consider a Parent Actor which spawns the above actor as below

class ParentBehavior extends Behaviors.MutableBehavior[MyParent] {
  ctx.spawn(ChildBehaviorFactory.make(someFactory), "ChildActor")
}

If we try to assert on the Spawned effect obtained for Parent behavior
against

Spawned(ChildBehaviorFactory.make(someFactory), "ChildActor")

The test fails because the behavior created in the test is different than
the one created inside the parent.

Notably, this is different than the Spawned effect present in the earlier
Akka version where it only expected the name of actor spawned which worked
fine.

We looked at the tests present in the Akka code base as well where the
behaviors were created as a *val  *and was accessible in the test as well
as the behavior under test. But this looks very restrictive.

Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks and Regards,
Nishant