Hi Sean,

I tried your sample app and ran 20 clients as you described. Attached
profiler and looked at memory snapshot. There are a few thousand
SSLSessionImpl objects but most of them are not strong reachable, so they
will be garbage collected when needed.

To be convinced you can try to run with a smaller maximum heap, such
as -Xmx128m, which will trigger garbage collection more aggressively. If
there is a real memory leak you will eventually see OutOfMemoryError.

Regards,
Patrik

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 4:28 PM Sean Gibbons <sean.gibbo...@mail.dcu.ie>
wrote:

> I've ran the test again locally using the example server and attached is
> my output for 3 heap dumps over a 40 minutes time period
>
> Notice the growth in SSLSessionImpl count between 'grep ssl snapShot1',
> 'grep ssl snapShot2' and 'grep ssl snapShot3'
> snapShot1 was taken at the start of the process, snapShot2 was taken after
> about 10 minutes and snapShot3 was taken about 30 minutes after snapShot2
>
> How my test is setup:
> - Start the dummy Akka service supplied in the google drive link with TLS
> enabled
> - Run the following script testEndpoint.sh 20 times so as to have 20 req/s
> incoming
>
> #!/bin/bash
>

> set -B                  # enable brace expansion
>
> for i in {1..100000}; do
>
>   curl -s -k 'GET' 'https://localhost:17715/test'
>
>   sleep 1
>
> done
> - I ran this script using './testEndpoint.sh &'
>

> In the google drive link from the opening post I have supplied JProfiler
> snapshots that also show the heap usage which I would recommend viewing for
> additional verification.
>
> *Séanadh Ríomhphoist/Email DisclaimerTá an ríomhphost seo agus aon chomhad
> a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin amháin
> é. Is féidir tuilleadh a léamh anseo.
> <https://www4.dcu.ie/iss/seanadh-riomhphoist.shtml>
> <https://www4.dcu.ie/iss/seanadh-riomhphoist.shtml>This e-mail and any
> files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use
> by the addressee. Read more here.
> <https://www4.dcu.ie/iss/email-disclaimer.shtml> *
>
> --
>
> *****************************************************************************************************
> ** New discussion forum: https://discuss.akka.io/ replacing akka-user
> google-group soon.
> ** This group will soon be put into read-only mode, and replaced by
> discuss.akka.io
> ** More details:
> https://akka.io/blog/news/2018/03/13/discuss.akka.io-announced

> "Akka User List" group.