Hello,

I'm trying to get a *new* source from an *existing* sink so I can use the
source to stream over grpc. I found this example
(https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/24853):

/**
  * Materializes into a sink connected to a source, i.e. the sink pushes into
the source:
  *
  * +----------+       +----------+
  * >   Sink   |------>|  Source  >
  * +----------+       +----------+
  *
  * Should be provided by Akka Streams, see
https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/24853.
  */
val connection: RunnableGraph[(Sink[String, NotUsed], Source[String, NotUsed])]
=
  Source
    .asSubscriber[String]
    .toMat(Sink.asPublisher[String](fanout = false))(Keep.both)
    .mapMaterializedValue {
      case (sub, pub) => (Sink.fromSubscriber(sub), Source.fromPublisher(pub))
    }

However what I'm trying to do is to take an existing sink that already has
a source connected to it, and create a new source to which the sink is
feeding.

It seems like a legitimate use case but I can't find any way to do it.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Zohar