Back to the PTR2 for 1 more instant. I knew too it would saddly go away when I came back from convention and looked it up. When I saw they were now celling it as a giant almost a $1000 IPod essentually I said oh dear that's it. the awesome PTR2 is doomed. This is it. It's bie bie for the PTR2 1 of these fine days. So yeah I knew that either they'd have to lift the silly limits or it was doomed the way of the dino at some point.

On 12/24/2017 7:33 AM, Aidan wrote:
Well, the ptr2 has bin discontinued recently. The ls100 multitrack
stuff don't speak but its very accessible as you can here what happens
when moving between tracks and also assign one or both function
buttons to mute/solo and check what is happening on the focused track.
Yes the overdub could be better.

On 24/12/2017, Robin Frost <robin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Thank you for such an informative post.  When I looked on the US based site

it seemed like the only model that was currently available were the DM720
and the Ls-100. All others seemed to be unavailable. I hope this doesn't
indicate that they're leaving the digital recorder market entirely.
Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: rsnel...@optusnet.com.au
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2017 1:25 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Looking For Equivalent to Olympus DS-40Recorder

Tom,

I reaalise that it is difficult to keep pace with the developments in
technology but what we thought was fantastic technology 10 years ago is now

very ordinary.

For Olympus digital audio recorders, take a look at the following web page:
https://www.olympus.com.au/Products/Digital-Audio-Recorders/Business.aspx

Under the heading "digital audio recorders" you will see the various
categories of digital recorders.  For example, under the heading of
"business" you will see the DM-720 which is the current equivalent of your
old recorder.

What is not obvious is that all of these recorders have the same core
technology and just have different user interfaces to make them more usable

for different classes of people.

That is to say, user interfaces for the sound and field recorders (the LS
series) is designed for people making high fidelity recordings.  The
interfaces for notetaker devices or business devices are designed for
dictation or recording meetings.

Therefore, a DM-720 business recorder will be good for dictation and
meetings but, even though it has the digital technology to do so, it will
not make it convenient to record live music.

By the way, if you take the time to look, the LS-100, LS-14, LS-12 and LS-P2

are all shown as current models.

Bob Nelson