Hi, could you please comment on the sound of its internal speaker? I know
it's small but hopefully, Olympus has improved on this. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:43 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Olympus LS-P4

Just external microphone and headphones though you could probably set the
recorder to use the microphone jack as a line-out so will try that in a few
minutes to see what actually needs to be done.

> On 8 Apr 2018, at 4:53 am, Anders Holmberg <and...@pipkrokodil.se> wrote:
>
> Hi!
> It seems not to expensive either.
> What input jacks do you have on that beast?
> /A
>
>> 5 apr. 2018 kl. 17:43 skrev Dane Trethowan <grtd...@internode.on.net>:
>>
>> I've been playing about with the recorder since then and have made quite
a few more recordings.

>> I really love the way the "Auto" mode works and it should be good enough
for most situations people are likely to come across.

>> The recorder sets the level and if the level is quieter the recorder will
adjust the level again however the recorder takes a quarter of a second or
so before it starts adjusting and the range of level adjustment is huge! the
recorder can adjust from an extremely low level input to extremely high
where the quietest sounds are picked up.

>> To illustrate what I'm talking about, I was recording the radio when my
mobile phone rang so I decided to call the party back at the other end of
the house.

>> In the meantime I'd turned the radio off thus everything was quiet so the
Olympus LS-P4 took full advantage of that whilst recording in "Auto" mode.

>> The recorder turned the level all the way up to max and I could be heard
talking on the phone from the other end of the house.

View/Reply Online (#502): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/message/502
View All Messages In Topic (8): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/topic/16777048