I’m not saying either, Voice Guidance has never been a tool one should rely on
and that’s applied to all the Olympus machines I’ve ever used.

> On 12 Apr 2018, at 3:05 am, Robin Frost <robin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> So are you saying it has less voice guidance than prior models then or added
> functions that they didn't have that don't verbalize?
> Robin
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Dane Trethowan
> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:04 PM
> To: all-audio@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [all-audio] Olympus LS-P4 Recorder
>
> I'm not saying every function could be useable without Voice Guidance on
> the Olympus but I reckon 99% certainly could be with a little foreand
> practise. Again many functions of the LS-p4 don' t have any Voice
> Guidance feedback at all.
>

> On 11/04/2018 1:00 PM, Hamit Campos wrote:
>> Oh cool. I don't remember if Neal meantioned intro scan. He may have but
>> just in passing. That sounds like a great feature though. Yeah like I said
>> with my DM520 I kinda got buy. But it still beeped. But let me tell ya I got
>> pretty lost when I lost the speach on my IPod Nanno. I did eventually get
>> speach back though. But it was rough.
>>

>> On 4/10/2018 10:29 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
>>> That's a difficult question to answer given that I've been using Voice
>>> Guidance myself however I reckon that I'd b able to do most hthings if the
>>> Voice Guidance were disabled.
>>>
>>> The Stop button takes you to the home screen for example.
>>>
>>> From there pressing the record button once puts you into 'Record Standby"
>>> mode and a further press starts the recording.
>>>
>>> Pressing stop at this point stops the recording or pressing enter stops the
>>> recording and plays the recording back.
>>>
>>> Remember that Voice Guideance with Olympus recorders is certainly not
>>> perfect thus you have to get used to a few functions working without it.
>>>
>>> Turningt the "Intro Scan" function on may well be a very good idea since
>>> the recorder doesn't announce the names of files as you scroll to know you
>>> have the right one you can then hear a couple of seconds at the beginning
>>> of each file as you scroll.

> --

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.

View/Reply Online (#546): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/message/546
View All Messages In Topic (32): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/topic/16777022