Hi!
As expected my Denon Heos 1 HS2 speaker arrived today and what a clever speaker
it is too
Its tine - about half the size of the Polk speaker we have - and is really
meant to work with another Heos 1 speaker but you can use them individually as
I’m doing now whilst I save my penny’s to get another later in the year, its a
weatherproof design which I now have placed in the Bathroom.
The Heos 1 can be mounted on a stand or on a ceiling or wall mount if you
prefer so these speakers would be something to look at in a room or
surround-sound setting.
Sound is very reasonable for a speaker of this size I must say and
congratulations to Denon for obviously putting a lot of thought and effort into
the design and performance of the Heos range.
Now mounting the speaker and using it indoors is only half the story as you can
purchase a “Heos 1 Go Pack” which clips onto the speaker to give you a
rechargeable battery pack for those times hone you’re outside .
I’ve ordered one of these packs however they’re not in stock yet and won’t be
until next month I’m told.
Connecting the speaker was a bit of a problem at first.
The standard setup procedure requires that you use the wired cable from the
Aux-In of the speaker to the Headphone jack, data is transferred from the
headphones jack to the speaker in bursts of what seems to be white noise.
Problem is that Voiceover behaves irritably during this setup process so I had
to look for an alternative means of setting up.
Thankfully I found one, with the speaker connected to a network via the LAN
port you can go into device settings and choose your wireless network from
there.
So that’s the Heos 1 Hs2 speaker from Denon.