You certainly can buy them on their own and there are quite a few different
designs around apart from what comes with the Zoom H6.
You can of course buy some extra XLR/TRS sockets if you would prefer to use
your own microphones in the place of the capsule.
You can also buy a Shotgun microphone capsule .