Thanks for this and I did find it in the manual.
The manual refers to the microphone as being a convenient function for
recording such things as track titles, voice memos and so on, no argument there.
So one can record from the Slate Microphone and perform various other tasks.
The manual does give direction in diagram form so that’s something else I’ll
have to add to the Zoom F8N “Work Out List” <smile>.
I can certainly monitor the microphone which in itself is dead useful.