Only a personal opinion of course.
I think Apple have left this all too late.
Any Smart TV these days has Chromecast as part of it.
Then the question pops up. Suppose you get a Television that is Airplay II
compatible then why on earth would you worry about getting an Apple TV?
We have to remind ourselves too that these models as I understand it aren’t
available right now rather they are planned for the future.