From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Jacobson
Sent: Saturday, 17 August 2019 3:47 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Great sounds of AM Stereo

Dane,

My old Carver TX 11A or 11B or whatever it was could receive Stereo AM of this
quality.  They even had a 10KHZ notch filter to avoid hearing that tone if it
was generated by an adjacent station in the United States.  I suspect they had
models to filter out the 9 KHZ tone in much of the rest of the world.  The
biggest gripe I had with my Carver tuner was that it was not very sensitive on
AM.  It also had a very nice FM section in it as well with some interesting
noise cancelling options.

While we don't have stereo AM in the United States any longer, there are still
AM stations with very nice audio that use a fairly wide bandwidth.  However,
the audio on AM now is very much limited by the bandwidth used by most radios
of today, and I understand that the need isn't as strong as it once was with
streaming and other options.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson