Hi all.

I've owned 2 Creative Labs, external sound cards in the past.  I've used both
Optic and mini jack connections.

Now I wish to purchase a new external sound card, but I don't think my new
Yamaha amp has Optic in fact I know it was very expensive but I don't know
anything regarding it's available  connectivity.  I do know it takes HDMI, So
that's my first question.  Do any of the  cards sold by Creative use HDMI?
that would be the simplist option I suppose.

I'm wanting a good card for  audio recording and playback.  I Cannot play games
and I don't require very high teck models, with all the complicated fancy stuff.

I don't necessarily want a cheep box because of it's simplicity but I want to
record and play good quality.

I'm thinking of using Goldwave or Total recorder to record everything from the
card and indeed Total recorder is the easiest to use as I've not had very good
luck with Goldwav in the past because of all the sound options you need to
change in playback  and record functions  Total recorder, I think works right
out of the box without a lot of messing around, but now I think of it I
normally use Winamp for playback.

Now, as you ccan see, I'm already confused.  Better that one of my friends on
the list say something like, Andy get the creative ??? that will do want you
want and is only around £150.  Hahaha.

Any information very welcome.

Very best wishes.

Andy Logue.