Hey, I never thought about GW. Thanks for that one.

On 8/7/2021 9:47 AM, Rea Lists wrote:
On Fri, Aug  6, 2021 at 12:45 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:

I need to convert an M4A to something else--anything--WAV, MP3, OGG,
something I can play and manipulate in, say, Reaper. I thought Sound
Forge could do it, but not without installing the QuickTime plugin. If I
have to, I'll do that, but is it cool to do so? Does anything break by
doing that?

TIA

Steve, I hope I am replying to you propperly but I am using the web interface
for Groups IO.

I use the recommended Quictime plugin with SF 11 with no problems, except
used in their creation.(Seems Quicktime is no longer supported but is
downloadable.)

I hear Goldwave in its demo mode can handle m4a files so that's another option.

Finally, I use Switch File converter which works very well but has to be paid
for to do much seriously with it, but I use it a heck of a lot in processing a
talking newspaper here in the UK.

Native conversion of m4a files is one reason I asked if its worth upgrading to
SF 15 so any comments welcome on that one as well as its general accessability.

Ray.