PLEASE  CROSSPOST - AND POST THIS
 Artist  seeking used dog & cat collars for project to demonstrate the plight
of  euthanized pets!!!

 Social Documentary  Photographer seeksused dog/cat collars

  PLease Cross post widely and ask rescues to send used  collars for
this project see address below.

This photographer Chris  Jordan, is famous for making social
commentary by creating large photos  that demonstrate the scale in
which we consume products and discard them  without a care.

He wants to do one on the daily disposal & death of  companion
animals. He has asked for the rescue community to mail used animal
collars so he can create a large scale piece to symbolize the
number of  animals killed in the USA.

Chris Jordan's work is shown in  museums and galleries world wide,
and the subject of a recent documentary. A  link to see some of his
work is: http://www.chrisjordan.com/current_ set2.php
Please support  his efforts. He needs 200 collars to make this a
reality.
Vicki
Nick  of Time dog rescue

Hello Vicki,
thank you for your touching message.  I have been thinking for quite
awhile about doing a piece about this. The  best idea I have so far
is to use collars. I have been talking to several  humane societies
around the country, trying to find a few hundred collars,  but I
can't find anywhere that has them and is willing to give them to me.
Do you know of a source for a couple of shopping bags full of used
dog  and cat collars? If so I would do a piece about this subject
right away.

Cheers and warm regards,

~cj

http://www.chrisjordan.com

Chris Jordan
6711 10th  Ave NW
Seattle WA 98117 USA
ph 206 706 1550

Julie Rae
People For Pets, SD
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/SD33.html

Sioux City  Shelter Stats: (July 1-Oct. 31, 2007)
Impounded: 483 Dogs; 398 cats
Reclaimed: 206 dogs; 1 cat
Euthanized: 308 dogs; 772 cats
Adopted:  130 dogs; 23 cats
Average daily calls/Animal Control: 40

National  statistics:
Only 1 out of 10 dogs born ever get a home. Only 1 out of 12  cats born ever
find a home. 800 dogs & cats are KILLED each HOUR in the U.S,  because there
are not enough homes for them. Opt to adopt. Saving one animal  will not change
the world, but it will change the world for that one animal.

 And don't forge to GO VEGAN (www.goveg.com) :O)!!!

        .

http://www.chooseveg.com/meet-your-meat.asp
"There is no  religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like
about their  religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to
other animals as  well as humans, it is all a sham."  -- Anna Sewell

<<image/com>>