Hello everyone,

Context:
I am developing a software that uses the Alljoyn Core.
One part of the software is advertising a service on UDP transport.
The other part of the software is looking for this advertisement.
The software is running on multiple custom android devices with wireless
access to the network. The device does not use any battery and is connected
to the outlet.

The service is providing a session with the following configuration:
- reliable message-based communication;
- multipoint compatible.

I am using Alljoyn Core 16.10 compiled from source with the following scons
configuration:
CPU=arm64, OS=android, BINDINGS=java, WS=off, CRYPTO=builtin,
VARIANT=release

The service's interface contains only bus methods with the annotation
NO_REPLY

Problem:
When a client send a message to the service, the latency of the messages is
very variable from a few milliseconds to many seconds.

For example: sending 10 messages at the same time takes about 200 ms to 20
seconds.

I attempted to set a lower reply timeout with the ProxyBusObject (default
from 25 seconds) to 100 milliseconds and the result were much better but
the average was not satisfied enough.

Question:
I would like to know If it is possible to tell the router or the bus
attachment to send message with lower latency?

Philippe Cloutier