Yikes, that photo arrived fast.

It's not a very good one, but I hope it will encourage more of you to try
growing Junos.

Some can be drowned with an eyedropper, but others will tolerate lots of
water, as Jane confirmed:

> I also found bucharica, magnifica, and vicaria good on the rock
> garden in the Cascade foothills (didn't risk aucheri), and in
> addition, Iris 'Sindpers' did beautifully high on a sand and gravel
> berm

Jane gets less rain than I do; I won't compare amounts, but if *even I, in
webbed-foot territory* can grow these bulbs, many others can.

Wet is only part of the story, of course; but the Juno irises named, and
many other dryland or brief-rain plants, will tolerate wet as long as their
roots get oxygen; which they will, if the water keeps moving and the growing
medium is open and porous.

Paige