Dear Cliff,
    I am also extremely impressed with the tufa planting.  I would like to know
the name of the pink flower peaking out at the top. I can identify many of the
plants.  I have a large tufa rock and I questioned how the stone wedges were
put in. Did they chisel out the area and put the stone in with glue or heavy
clay?  I assume the plants were put in at the same time the stones were
inserted.  I never thought of doing that. I drill out holes and put bun plants
(Sax, etc) or primula in my tufa. My 24" tufa needs to be watered as needed, as
it cannot get enough by osmosis from the soil. My low ones I do not worry
about.

Shirley Friberg
Minnesota,USA
Zone 5