Hi,

I have just written a set of functions allowing to play and record at
the same time (nothing new so far), while cancelling the speaker echo
(feedback) into the microphone. It works quite well, but it has the
problem is that it needs to work on very short buffers, which makes it
very sensitive to latencies (ie is skips under load).

I wanted to know whether it would be feasible to integrate it directly
into ALSA, into the kernel so it is possible to control everything. I
think it would also be a nice feature that would be helpful in many
applications (such as in VoIP, so you don't hear the echo of your
voice). If that's realistic, is anyone interested in helping? My (NLMS
adaptive filter) code is only about 20-line long, but I've no idea of
how alsa works...

For those interested, I can send you the code for a demo that works with
OSS (for some unknown reason, it doesn't work with ALSA OSS emulation)
in user mode.

        Jean-Marc

P.S. Please CC to me, since I am not on the list.