Paul Davis wrote:

> >Don't make this mistake: poll *have* to return immediately in *all*
> >cases where to wait is useless (i.e. when no non-user driven event may
> >happen).
> >
> >This is the rule you need to remember.
>
> where does this rule come from? i was under the impression that
> poll(2) should timeout in those cases, not return immediately.

Common sense I'd say ;-) Why to wait for events that cannot happens?

The "Waiting for Godot" approach seems not sensible in CS.

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Opera Unica                          Phone: +39.546.656023
Via Emilia Interna, 140
48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy

ALSA project               http://www.alsa-project.org
It sounds good!