One thing I would like to know about the emu10k1 (SB Live).
I noticed a register in the emu10k1 which has
#define SPBYPASS                0x5e            /* SPDIF BYPASS mode register
         */
#define SPBYPASS_ENABLE         0x00000001      /* Enable SPDIF bypass mode
         */

See attached 8010.h file for context.

If this SPBYPASS_ENABLE is enabled, how do we pass data to and from the
SPDIF sockets.
It seems to stop any data passing to the SPDIF sockets from the DSP.

Cheers
James