Hi,

I saw from the CVS ChangeLog that ALSA is moving away
from the deprecated virt_to_bus() to the new
pci_allocate_consistent() system calls. Unfortunately,
this is causing problems for my ISA DMA sound driver
(CS4231 / MPU401 based). I have currently "fixed"
things by #undef-ing the ISA_USE_PCI_ALLOC in
core/pcm_memory.c. Once I do this, I get sound out of
my speakers again.

My soundcard also needs a DMA-able buffer so that it
can upload its firmware. Previously, I used
snd_malloc_pages(), and I tried changing this to
snd_malloc_isa_pages(). However, you don't export this
function, and even when I cut-and-pasted it into the
source file, the firmware wouldn't upload until I used
the virt_to_bus()-based compatibility version.

It would probably be a good idea to export the
following functions:

snd_malloc_pci_pages()
snd_malloc_isa_pages()
snd_free_pci_pages()
snd_free_isa_pages()

Does anyone have any idea why
pci_allocate_consistent() isn't working here, please?

Cheers,
Chris