Charles Flèche wrote:

>Thanx a lot for your help ! I'm working on this project for my
>university, and if this soft don't work, I'm going to do another
>year... HHAARRRGGGHHHH !

although this is probably not the preferred way (by the ALSA team) of
using the interfaces, you can access MIDI devices like this, too:

/* open ALSA card 0, device 0 */
int fd = open ("/dev/snd/midiC0D0", O_WRONLY);

/* write your MicroVerb sysex example */
write (fd, "\xF0\x00\x00\x0e\x12\x00\x03\xF7", 8);

/* done (you may need to keep the device open to let the driver
finish the writing, i'm not sure if it flushes buffers when it's
closed). */
close (fd);

so essentially you skip alsalib and interact with the driver only. i
have found this to be the least painful way of dealing with raw MIDI
streams.

tim