>P.S. Nice job on the web site. The documentation section is more
>complete now. I notice that the "Documentation" and "API" page both
>contain the same content. Seems like it might make sense just to merge
>all of it into one page. Then have a heading for User Documentation and
>Developer Documentation or something.

Thanks. Now that you point it out that is a good idea.

I'll work on it now.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net

Run a small business? Then you need professional email like [EMAIL PROTECTED] from
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net?tag
--- Begin Message ---
I sent this email before without realizing I wasn't a member of the list
(I am now), it appears to be stuck in the moderation loop :) So I'm
sending it again, please excuse a double posting, thanks.
        Josh Green
--- Begin Message ---
I'm currently have a problem setting mixer controls with alsactl and the
ymfpci driver (Yamaha YMF-744B on a laptop). This problem started with
alsa 0.9.0beta12 and is present in rc1 as well. I've removed the
/etc/asound.state file and did a `alsactl store' which has no problems.
`alsactl restore' on the other hand gives me the following message:

alsactl: set_control:876: Cannot write control '0,0,0,,0': Invalid
argument

Although it does restore all the control settings, it fails to restore
my mixer settings on boot. /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsa is part of initscripts
on Mandrake 8.1. I haven't quite figured out why it doesn't but that
also started with beta12 so I suspect its the same problem. Cheers!
        Josh Green

P.S. Nice job on the web site. The documentation section is more
complete now. I notice that the "Documentation" and "API" page both
contain the same content. Seems like it might make sense just to merge
all of it into one page. Then have a heading for User Documentation and
Developer Documentation or something.
--- End Message ---
--- End Message ---