At Fri, 05 Jul 2002 23:24:06 +0900,
Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> tapio laxström wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Seems like USB Audio driver doesn't want to be on /dev/mixer0 ;)
>
> Possibly your card doesn't have mixer properties. The quattro doesn't. I
> don't know exactly how to get round that with xmms though. You could try
> the native alsa plugin available from their site.

emi2|6 should have mixer controls but likely they are named in a
different manner from the conventional cards.
please note that usbaudio driver creates the mixer elements
automatically by parsing the topology, hence the naming might not be
perfect.

anyway, i also recommend to use alsa output plugin.