Hi Takashi,

Takashi Iwai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi Karsten,

> At Sat, 6 Jul 2002 15:11:36 +0200 (CEST),
> karsten wiese wrote:
> >
> > here is a newer version.
> > it doesn't crash the pc when using oss emulation
> > anymore.
> > it can do 2 (or 3) periods per buffer now.
>
> thanks for your work.
> now it's committed to cvs.  please check the cvs
> tree.

works fine here :-)

> i changed slightly your patch:
>
> - the module is renamed as snd-msnd-classic (with
> hyphen)
> - all stuffs are still on alsa-drivers.  will be
> moved to alsa-kernel
>   and submitted to 2.5 kernel tree later once after
> it's confirmed to
>   work fine.  this is our policy.
>
> regarding to pnp.
> is it possible to integrate it using the standard
> isapnp api?
> or is it a specific one?

hmmm.., don't know & don't want to test that on this
machine, 'cause it is to also run NT4 (:no pnp for
stability) for commercial reasons.

> ciao,
>
> Takashi

can we put the firmware-binaries on cvs as well?
so far it is necessary to extract them with some extra
steps...

best,

Karsten