From: ext Sander van Leeuwen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 August, 2002 13:38
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Alsa-devel] PATCH: CS4281 fixes (2nd try)

Changelog:
- Added suspend/resume support; works fine for wave; FM sounds strange
   after a resume if you previously used it. Not sure why.
- Increased loop delays during init to prevent detection failures
- Move card init code to seperate procedure since resume needs it too
- Fixed snd_cs4281_pointer; returned wrong position resulting in
  many clicks during wave playback and recording
- Leave wave playback FIFO enabled or else FM will not be audible
  (unless wave playback is active)
- Added mixer control for FM volume
- Added SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL1_SETVOLUME/SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL1_GETVOLUME
  to control the volume of wave streams
  (AC97 PCM affects both FM & wave; see crystal docs)
  Use it if you wish. I've added a similar ioctl to the ported SB Live driver to
control
  the volume of each individual wave stream. (since I found no other way to do that)
  (some header updates are missing; if you want them, let me know)

The attached source file isn't up to date with the latest CVS. All my changes are
marked by
#ifdef TARGET_OS2.