Hi,

I was trying to get my M-Audio Sonica to work under Alsa. It's a nifty
little single channel out 24/96 USB audio device. Here's the product
page: http://www.m-audio.com/products/consumer/sonica.php

I'm running the CVS version of Alsa from within the last hour.

snd-usb-audio modprobes fine and doesn't give me any errors. /dev/dsp
doesn't get created properly (snd-pcm-oss is loaded properly), not does
/proc/asound/cards list anything ('--- no soundcards ---'). The device
is properly detected by the linux kernel, as I get properly
connect/disconnect messages. I'm using kernel v2.4.20pre4. The device is
plugged into a UHCI controller (it's a USB 2.0 NEC controller).

I was taking a look around the source to see if I could add the Sonica
device ID, but I can't seem to find where to hack it (if it's even
needed). Anyhow, the device ID for the Sonica is vend/prod 0x763/0x2805.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen Hassard