Hello,

I have several alsa modules running (see below) and would like to stop
them and restart them because I run 'alsa rc6' and sound appears to stop
during testing of my applications (due to my own segfaults).
The problem (see below) is that the init.d script tries to rmmod the
alsa modules, but they don't get unloaded !

I use the alsa-driver-0.9.0rc6/utils/alsasound init.d script.
when I type :
# /etc/init.d/alsasound stop
Shutting down sound driver: snd-cmipci: Device or resource busy
snd-pcm: Device or resource busy
snd-mpu401-uart: Device or resource busy
snd-rawmidi: Device or resource busy
snd-opl3-lib: Device or resource busy
snd-timer: Device or resource busy
snd-seq-device: Device or resource busy
snd-hwdep: Device or resource busy
snd: Device or resource busy
done

The modules don't get unloaded so they can't re-load.
Any ideas as to how to fix the problem with the init.d script ???

thanks
Matt

_________________ running modules ___________________________
snd-cmipci             14436   1
snd-pcm                53600   1  [snd-cmipci]
snd-mpu401-uart         2624   0  [snd-cmipci]
snd-rawmidi            11616   0  [snd-mpu401-uart]
snd-opl3-lib            5280   0  [snd-cmipci]
snd-timer               9312   0  [snd-pcm snd-opl3-lib]
snd-seq-device          3696   0  [snd-rawmidi snd-opl3-lib]
snd-hwdep               3424   0  [snd-opl3-lib]
snd                    23848   3  [snd-cmipci snd-pcm snd-mpu401-uart
snd-rawmid
i snd-opl3-lib snd-timer snd-seq-device snd-hwdep]
soundcore               3556   3  [snd]

--
http://mffm.darktech.org

WSOLA TimeScale Audio Mod  : http://mffmtimescale.sourceforge.net/