--- Takashi Iwai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> do you know which version (or date) the driver
> worked without clicks?
> there have been not many changes for emu10k1 or pcm
> stuffs recently.

On a hunch, I downloaded the alsa-lib-0.9.0rc6 and
alsa-util-0.9.0rc6 packages and tried those against
the current CVS version of the kernel modules. There
is no nasty clicking sound using 0.9.0rc6 userspace.

Even more interesting:

alsa-lib 0.9.0rc6 + alsa-utils CVS => CLICK!
alsa-lib CVS + alsa-utils 0.9.0rc6 => No click.

I'm guessing that the problem lies in aplay.

Chris